So I start shaking the door like a madman….
Lo and behold, some random on the street goes “Dude, it’s a condemned building – can’t you read the signs? why are you trying to get in?”.
So then I wasn’t getting punked? Dammit!
Running count for classes: 0 out of 2, 0 out of 8 total.
Should I even bother counting the last 2?....
I moseyed along all grumpified via Columbus Circle, and went into the Time Warner bldg and saw that statue (of the voluptuous lady) that was featured in the movie Enchanted. I was then overcome by song, where I wanted to twirl around and hope that there were secret dancers to help assist me in my song….
… But as we don’t live in the land of make believe, I decided the best place for my song was in my head. Although, it didn’t stop me from fits of giggles and wearing a little crazy on my face.
At the bottom of the escalator, past the Botticelli type figure, I came across a sign that annoyed me: “Meet the cast of Glee here on Tuesday 3rd November at 5:30pm.”
Oh STOP IT.
Why you trying to be here when I’m not? I know you see me stalking you all.
Meanwhile, cut to Monday morning while I’m watching Live with Regis & Kelly, Kelly talks about how she was in Central Park earlier and she watched while the last person in the NY marathon finished 24hours later. I was heartened by the fact she was doing it for charity, and on crutches no less.
Still, I couldn’t help thinking “I coulda beat her if I was running the marathon”.
I should punch myself in the box for entertaining that thought.
Back to the story: Central Park was beautiful – saw lots of squirrels and had a hot dog over the ice rink with the Zamboni Machine shaving that ice down. It was just as well that I didn’t eat Sunday brunch in the park, cos frankly, I had no idea where it was. The map didn’t help either. I gave up looking for it after an hour, so no vanilla French toast for me.
With the marathon happening, it was super hard getting into the park in the first place, then equally hard getting out of the park after 4hrs. I didn’t even make it to Strawberry Fields to have my hippie twirling moment.
Autumn in Central Park is just how they picture it in the movies. Really my kind of weather, although, I was sweating hard out and people were giving me quizzical looks as to why I was perspiring so much. Little did they know that I had just walked nearly 75 blocks up to that point – so that’s a trip up from 33rd up to 79th… and then my whole criss crossing fiasco to find Broadway Dance Center…
So being that I got lost in central Park, I had to 86 the whole museum thing and ended up coming out of the park on 79th and 5th, and it was 3pm, I pretty much had to hightail back to the hotel to get ready Rock Of Ages, the broadway musical.
So I walked all the way back to 33rd St to get on the train at 4:30. 120 or so blocks and no buns of steel to be seen, which was fine (I also stopped into Barneys on the way back).
An hour later of sitting on the train, trying to create anagrams out of the signages in the carriage, we finally pulled in. I ran to the hotel to change and whatever and I got back to the station at 6:10, only to find out that the train had left at 6:09.
Dammit!
As the show started at 7pm, I was still stuck in NJ, I caught the 6:30 train in and with 5minutes to get up to 47th from 33rd , I literally bolted from the time the train stopped, thru times square, then made it to the theatre at 7:07.
Pfft, Who needs marathons? I certainly don’t.
It’s the best show I’ve ever seen, and that’s saying a lot. It was in this quaint little theatre and I had so much fun at it, even by myself (and yes, I did attend the proceedings by myself).Best thing? The show ends on “Don’t Stop Believing”.
It’s kismet, I tell you!
… then that situation becomes crazy personified..
I'm super jealous of you right now.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you need to get a t.shirt that says 'I sweat cause i'm cool." Get it? Get it? BWAHAHAHAHAHA.
Also, i knew, i KNEW you would not go to one single class. God i hate being right all the time.